Last updated 9-19-2023
In certain jurisdictions, we are required by applicable data protection laws to provide alternate or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information. To find our jurisdiction-specific disclosures that may be applicable to you, see State-Specific Disclosures.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
How We Use Your Information
Who We Share Your Information With
How We Protect Your Information
Retention Of Your Information
Your Choices About Your Information
Links to Other Websites and Offerings
Children Under the Age of 16
How to Contact Us
- on this Site;
- when you or your authorized representative accesses or uses the Offerings;
- when you interact with our advertising on third party websites;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us; or
- when you interact with our Offerings on third-party websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- a third-party, including our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- a third-party through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site. If you would like more information, please go to Links to Other Websites and Offerings to learn more; or
- information we collect offline.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- information by which you may be personally identified such as name, email, phone number, physical address, or any other information which could be associated with or used to identify you (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not specifically identify you;
- technical information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Offerings, including usage details and IP addresses; or
- details of your visits to and usage of our Offerings including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Offerings.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- from your social media account if you register with us through the social media account; or
- automatically as you access or navigate through the Site or the Offerings through automated data technologies such as through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of subscribing to our email communication service, applying for financing, scheduling an estimate, or requesting further products or services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, including when you report a problem with our Offerings;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete to provide better products or services in the future to you; or
- when you request further information or Offerings.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site or communications we send you, we may use automatic data collection technologies, or other innovative technologies as they come out, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; or
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we automatically collect via client-side or server-side tracking is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Offerings and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Offerings according to your individual interests; or
- recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for automated data collection may include:
Client-Side & Server-Side Tracking
Client-side and server-side tracking are both methods for web analytics used to gather data about website visitors. Client-side tracking collects and transmits the data through the user’s device (in reality, it collects and transmits through the browser). In contrast server-side tracking collects the data through the website’s first party code and stores its own database which then is transmitted from the server to a third party using an API.
We use web beacons (a.k.a. clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags) to personalize your experience of the Service and to generate information about our Site’s traffic and trends. Web beacons collect general information, such as the type of browser that you use and your IP address. Web beacons may be used alone or in conjunction with cookies; when web beacons are used with cookies, they may link general information to personal information. Web beacons usually are not visible to you.
Third Party Use of Automated Data Tracking Technologies.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
To learn more about your rights including how to opt-out go to Your Choices About Your Information.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any information:
- to present our Offerings and its contents to you;
- to provide financing to you;
- to assist you with planning your anticipated use of our products or services;
- to provide you with information, products, or services you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Offerings or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to market our or our partner’s products or services to you;
- any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Who We Share Your Information With.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties who keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in anticipation of or in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of House of Carpets’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by House of Carpets is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose to which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions https://hocflooring.com/terms-conditions/. or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of House of Carpets, our users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Offerings, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Offerings. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Offerings.
Retention of Your Information.
We will keep your personal information for as long as it necessary to provide the Offerings to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints, or claims made by your or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly; or
- to keep records required by law.
Your Choices About Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are options for your personal information.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website/or other opt out mechanism.
If you do not wish to receive our marketing emails, you may unsubscribe by submitting the form found here,https://hocflooring.com/contact-us/.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to contact you, we will respect your wishes. If you are a registered user, you may change your preferences to receive or not to receive email or other communications from us by logging in to your account and indicating those preferences on the “My Account” section of our Site.
You may also instruct us to stop sending you emails, newsletters or other information by following the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the email. We may, however, continue to use your personal information to contact you to service your account or as otherwise authorized by law. Please note that if you use more than one name or e-mail address when communicating with us or using the Offerings, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name and/or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
Promotional Offers from House of Carpets.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by filling out the form found here, https://hocflooring.com/contact-us/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Offerings and visiting your account profile page.
Do Not Track Signals.
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many digital service operators, including House of Carpets, does not recognize or respond to DNT signals.
Links to Other Websites and Offerings.
We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites, applications, or services linked to or from our Site. We recommend you review the privacy notices of other third-party websites, applications, and/or services applications before authorizing a third-party access to your data.
Children Under the Age of 16.
Our Offerings are not directed at or intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features/register or in connection with the Offerings. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by filling out the form found here https://hocflooring.com/contact-us/.
We may be required by law to provide additional privacy disclosures, depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you.
UNITED STATES. If you are a resident of California, please click here https://hocflooring.com/california-privacy-policy/ for additional privacy disclosures.
How to Contact Us
Physical Address: 2001 McHenry Avenue, Suite 201 (Inside the Flooring Liquidators Super Store)