Last updated 9-19-2023
CALIFORNIA NOTICE: DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This privacy notice for California residents (the “CA Privacy Notice”) supplements the information contained in the House of Carpets (“House of Carpets,” “we,” or “us”) General Privacy Notice [https://hocflooring.com/privacy-policy/] and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively, the “CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this CA Privacy Notice. Any other capitalized but undefined terms shall have the meanings set forth in the general Privacy Notice.
Please note that as used in this CA Privacy Notice “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include deidentified or aggregated consumer information, publicly available information from government records, or information outside of the CCPA’s scope.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Disclosure of Information for a Business Purpose.
Sale or Use of Information for Targeted Advertising
Rights and Choices of California Residents
Exercising Your Rights
Other California Privacy Rights
Changes to Our CA Privacy Notice
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its consumers within the last 12 months and will continue to collect such information in the future:
|What We Collect||Source||Business or|
|A real name, alias, postal|
address, unique personal
protocol address, email
address, account name,
or other similar
|Directly from you;|
Automatically from you;
From Service Providers;
|To provide products|
and services to
To track our Site use;
To market our
products and services
categories listed in
(Cal. Civ. Code §
|A name, signature,|
or description, address,
telephone number, bank
account number, credit
card number or debit
card number (solely for
the purpose of processing
online purchases via our
Site, however we do not
store, save, or share any
|Directly from you;||To provide products|
and services to
information on our
products and services
|Internet or other|
|Browsing history, search|
history, or information on
a consumer’s interaction
with a website,
|Automatically from you;|
Directly from you;
|To track our Site use;|
To market our
products and services
|Profile reflecting a|
abilities, or aptitudes.
|Automatically from you;|
From Service Providers;
|To market our product|
and services to
Directly from you. For example, from the forms you complete on our Site, preferences you express or provide through our Site, or from your purchases on our Site.
Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your activity on our Site.
Automatically from you. For example, through cookies we or our service providers set on your device as you navigate through our Site.
From Service Providers. For example, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of our Site, third-party vendors to provide advertising on our Site, third-party vendors to deliver targeted advertising to you, third-party vendors for payment processing, or other third-party vendors that we use to provide the Site to you.
In addition to the business or commercial purposes for collection described above, we have in the preceding 12 months collected all categories of Personal Information described above for the following purposes:
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve this Site and our products and services.
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of this Site and our products, services, databases, other technology assets, and business.
- to deliver content and product and service Offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through this Site, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- We will continue to collect the categories of Personal Information described above from the sources and for the business or commercial purposes described above.
We may also use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- as described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of House of Carpets or its affiliates assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by House of Carpets or its affiliates is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible parties without providing you notice.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it necessary to carry out the business purpose for which it is provided to us. Thereafter, we will keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints, or claims made by your or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly; or
- to keep records required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE.
In the preceding 12 months, House of Carpets has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Identity Data;
- Customer Records Data;
- Internet Use Data;
SALE OR USE OF INFORMATION FOR TARGETED ADVERTISING
Our use of tracking technology, including cookies and related technology, may be considered a sale/sharing under the CCPA.
The categories of Personal Information disclosed that may be considered a sale/sharing include: Identifying Information, Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers, and Internet or Other Network Activity.
The categories of third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed that may be considered a sale/sharing include: advertisers, marketers, and data analytics providers.
RIGHTS AND CHOICES OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The CCPA also provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes the rights of California residents under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights. Certain requirements must be met for a California resident to exercise their rights; see Exercising Your Rights below for more information on what requirements must be met and how to exercise said rights.
SALE/SHARE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Our use of your Personal Information may be considered a sale/sharing under CCPA. If you would like to opt out of the sale/sharing of your Personal Information, you may email email@example.com, or you may broadcast the Global Privacy Control signal or similar Universal Opt-Out Mechanism (see Universal Opt-Out Mechanism) through your web browser or device; more information on Global Privacy Controls can be found at,
You have the right to request that House of Carpets disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including:
- the categories of Personal Information we collect about you.
- the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you.
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collect about you (also called a data portability request).
- if we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Once we receive and verify your verifiable consumer request, we will provide you with the requested information. See Exercising Your Rights for more information.
DATA CORRECTION RIGHTS
You have the right to request that House of Carpets correct inaccurate Personal Information that we collect from you and retain, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of processing the Personal Information. Once we receive and verify your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights for more information), we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate Personal Information (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
You have the right to request that House of Carpets delete any of your Personal Information that we collect from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights for more information), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- comply with a legal obligation.
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized
representative and that you have rights under this notice.
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we may require authentication of the consumer that is reasonable in light of the nature of the Personal Information requested.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
INITIAL REQUEST FORMAT AND TIMING
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you goods or services.
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83) permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by filling out the form found here,
CHANGES TO OUR CA PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, we may update this CA Privacy Notice. If our information practices materially change at some time in the future, we will post the updated notice to our Site to notify you of these changes, and we will only use data collected from the time of the notice change forward for these new or different purposes. In the event we make a material change to how we use your Personal Information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this CA Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the Site and this
CA Privacy Notice to check for any updates or changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which House of Carpets collects and uses your information described here and in the general Privacy Notice, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us